html

Monday, February 11, 2008

UNDESERVED BLESSINGS.

Tennis superstar Arthur Ashe died of AIDS, which he contracted after a blood transfusion during a heart surgery he had. More than a great athlete Ashe was a gentleman who inspired and encouraged many with his exemplary behaviour on and off the court.Ashe could have become embittered and self-pitying in the face of his disease, but he maintained a grateful attitude. He explained, “If I asked, Why me?. About my troubles I would have asked, Why me about my blessings. Why my winning Wimbledon?.Why my marrying a beautiful, gifted woman and having a wonderful child?”Ashes’ attitude rebukes those of us who often grumble,” Why me? Why is God allowing this to happen ?” Even if we are suffering acutely, we must not forget the mercies God pours into our lives-such things as food, shelter, and friends , blessings that many are deprived of.And what about spiritual Blessings? We can hold the very Word of God in our hands and read it. We have the knowledge of his saving grace, the comfort of his spirit and the joyful assurance of life everlasting with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment